Friday, July 08, 2005

Random Thoughts about Wednesday

• Today we went to Fatima, Maty’s neighborhood.
• Antonio (the preacher at Guaymas) drives like Jeff Garrett (the preacher at Huntington).
• A kid got in trouble today for not coming out and talking to me. In America it would be the exact opposite.
• It’s sad that the kids I brought with me are better writers than I am.
• Maty’s mom makes the best tortillas.
• Manny and Scizz do not,
• Speaking of tortillas, there is a little bug that drives around playing the loud and very obnoxious “tortilla” song. I can’t get it our of my head. Iftnb,l I hear anyone else sings it tonight I might throw a punch.
• As of today, we have passed out 9,000 flyers.
• During the Mexico v. USA soccer (futbol) game, Jeremy switched teams. A spirited discussion ensued.
• Speaking of which, we lost 5 to 1. It was ugly. We plan to pull even tomorrow.
• I think Brendan thinks that the teens exist only to serve his wishes. I'm pretty sure he has a future in youth ministry.
• Three people today told me that Meghan works harder than any of the guys. It’s probably because she sweats like a guy.
• Manzana Lift may be the best soft drink in the world.
• The people in Mexico are amazing. They are so kind, so quick to laugh, so inviting. This place gets inside of you.
• Tomorrow is school supplies and candy day. It is my favorite day of the trip.
• I miss Rene and Rayne like crazy.
• Worship gets better every night. Tonight Scizz and Rob led. Yes that’s right, Rob Durst came out from behind the computer to lead.
• The only thing better than Rob leading worship was the look of shock on his mother’s face when he walked up there.
• Emma Jo and I talked about making the five hour trip to Applebee’s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home